Welcome to the Teaching page of Graham Corbould offering expert Guitar and Ukulele tuition.
Graham is a specialist guitar tutor of some 18 years experience with a busy teaching practice in Bexleyheath as well as working in a number of the Bexley Schools. In 2009 Graham was the Guitar Tutor of the year for the Registry of Guitar Tutors (RGT).
Guitar and Ukulele lessons are open to all ages, all abilities and in all styles, albeit acoustic, electric, rock, bass. Graham is happy to work with beginners or players with some experience who want to improve or add new skills.
The approach taken is to give you the building blocks to develop as a player rather than just learn songs or pieces by rote.
Graham also offers, but does not mandate, the London College of Music/RGT grading schemes and exams on Guitar, Ukulele and Music Theory.
So if you want to play for fun or to study please email here for further details or to book a trial lesson.
- Various styles - electric, acoustic, bass, rock, pop, blues etc.
- All standards from beginner to advanced.
- All requirements whether for serious study or leisure. Reading music not essential.
- Teaching focuses on giving you the building blocks so you may pursue your interested rather than slavishly following various pieces.
- Registry of Guitar Tutor grade exams available, from Initial grade to grade 8 in electric, rock, acoustic or bass; classical (only to grade 5).
- Full equipped and resourced tuition room. Large selection of worksheets, songs and backing tracks available.
- Twice yearly student concert at the Mick Jagger Centre where my students get the chance to perform at a professional venue (optional not mandatory!).
- Various workshops and other special projects.
- Advice on equipment, strings etc plus access to repair/modification specialists.