What’s on offer?
- A selection of my own songs and guitar pieces, which can be mixed in with a wide variety of cover songs mainly from 60s, 70s, 80s, (and a few either side), ranging from singer/songwriters, folk, soft rock, to a sing song of classics.
- Currently I have available 2 CDs of original songs, all tracks can be performed live. Some songs have a rye humour others are more serious.
- Each performance is tailored to your requirements, your event and audience. The objective is to entertain, so add in the odd story and a little audience participation.
- Over 20 years experience in performing in pubs, clubs, festivals; from intimate gigs in homes to The Dorchester.
- Over the years I have hosted and continue to host regular Open Mic Nights at various locations.
As a song writer, Graham addresses a wide spectrum of topics, feelings and issues. Never forgetting that audiences are there to be entertained, much effort is put into making songs accessible through strong choruses and verses which carry a story. The stories are varied in topic, not limited to love and loss, but tell of many things. Some have a rye humour about them others address more serious topics.
The guitar features prominently, with self written instrumentals; by day Graham is a guitar tutor. in 2009 Graham was awarded Guitar Tutor of the year award by the Registry of Guitar Tutors.
Graham has also had a number of Prestigious support spots - Oyster Band, Phil Odgers (The Men They Couldn’t Hang), Chicken Shack.
Graham’s song “It's the Little things” reached the semi-finals of the UK Songwriting Contest.
After submitting various examples of his work, Graham was awarded a place on a songwriting workshop directed by Sir Ray Davies.
Mixed in with Graham's originals he will often play a few songs by other songwriters. These could come from three sources;
1) Favourite acoustic/folk songwriters down the years; Al Stewart; Ralph McTell; Bob Dylan; Billy Bragg; Show of Hands/Steve Knightly; Arlo Guthrie; Richard Thompson; Donovan; Lindisfarne....
2) Soft Rock; Ray Davies; The Band; Old Crow Medicine Show; Nick Lowe; Paul Weller; Rod Stewart; Green Day; Joy Division. Many songs have been re-worked.
3) Any selection from Graham's Acoustic Covers Section.